Search This Blog

Sunday, September 15, 2013

IS Honesty the best Policy?

When I was younger, and thought I knew it all, my motto was always to act now and think later no matter how my words made others feel. Wow, did I sure find myself in quite the verbal battles over the years, that if foreseen I would never have ventured that road in the first place. I felt that by always speaking my mind that I was being true to myself but reality soon sunk in and I quickly found myself losing friends. And had develop quite the reuptation with my family as the "bitchy/bossy" one. All because I was being TOO honest.

It took a lot of time for me to finally realize it was not necessarily the things I was saying it was the way I was saying them. I didn't want to be that person. So my first step to changing that was to get the hell out out of dodge, as Pops would say. I needed to get myself out of the same old situations that I always put myself in and just start over. So after graduation I moved to Sunny San Deigo and in the last 3 years my perception on life has changed for the better. 

Over the years I have found ways to be more sensitive and develop filters, there is a very thin line between getting your point across without losing that sense of honesty and being straight out hurtful. Being truthful and honest is one thing, but it is quite another to be ruthless and malicious with your words. 

It has never been my intent to hurt anyone's feelings or ruin relationships from my brutal honesty, but all I can say is I will do my best to have a softer hand in the future. Also I hope this will shed some light on those who should consider doing the same. You know who you are. 

So until next time kids, have a great evening and just love eachother. 


No comments:

Post a Comment